The UGA College of Veterinary Medicine is dedicated to training future veterinarians, conducting research related to animal and human diseases, and providing veterinary services for animals and their owners. Read more about us >>
Veterinary Medical Center - NOW OPEN
Mar. 28: Veterinary Technician Conference
April 25-26: Ear Disease Diagnosis/Treatment
April 25-26: Basic Ultrastructure and Ultrastructural Pathology
July 16-18: Diagnostic Endoscopy
August 9: Cutaneous Conditions
August 16: Laser Therapy
April 3, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Annual Open House
April 9: Phi Zeta Day
April 17: Honors & Awards Banquet
May 2: DVM Graduation (limited space; by ticket only)
- Dr. Cynthia Ward was named a Josiah Meigs Distinguished Teaching Professor, the highest teaching honor awarded by the University of Georgia.
- UGA Alumni Association's 2014 "40 under 40" list. CVM alumni Schmiedt and Swartz were named.
- Read about the Josiah Meigs Professors teaching in the College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Staff Awards | Faculty Awards
- Recent Research Awards
- DRUGS 2.0: "Essential oils" sounds like a spa treatment, but could they help in the battle against drug-resistant bacteria?
- UGA technology could help halt measles outbreak.
- Researchers find protein necessary for fertility performs different roles in sperm, eggs.
- Undergraduate research opportunities plentiful at UGA.
- A Look Back at the First Black Graduates of VA-MD Vet Med. Features faculty member Dr. Margie Lee.
- Pickens native battled Ebola outbreak in Liberia. Dr. Adams is a graduate of our DVM-MPH dual degree program (MPH '11, DVM '12).
- Can aggressive dogs be rehabilitated? Article quotes Sharon Crowell-Davis, behavior medicine expert at the CVM (article misidentifies her as "Crowe-Davis").
- Dogs and Their Homeless Owners Share Love, if not Shelter.