The UGA College of Veterinary Medicine is dedicated to training future veterinarians, conducting research related to animal and human diseases, and providing veterinary services for animals and their owners. Read more about us >>
Please bear with us as we undergo a website redesign. Thank you for your patience!
Veterinary Medical Learning Center
The progress we've made on the construction of our new teaching hospital and education complex can be followed on our VMLC multimedia page.
Our current Teaching Hospital, built in 1979, serves more than 18,000 patients per year in one of the smallest teaching hospitals in the United States. The college is currently working to raise $33 million toward building a new Veterinary Medical Learning Center >>
April 25: Honors and Awards Banquet (ticketed event)
May 3: DVM Graduation (ticketed event)
April 26-27, 2014: Small Animal Basic and Intermediate Ultrasound
July 18-19: Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
July 19: Practical Dentistry for Technicians
July 20: Veterinary Dentistry
July 20-21: Soft Tissue Rigid Endoscopy
- Georgia Bio honors UGA and Merial with Phoenix Award.
- Dr. Jerry Saliki receives AAVLD Distinguished Service Award
- Dr. Liliana Jaso-Friedmann was named an NSF temporary Program Director (NSF Rotator) for the Directorate of Biological Sciences within Physiological & Structural Systems for the National Science Foundation.
- Dr. Amelia Woolums was named one of 20 influential beef and dairy veterinarians.
- Read about the Josiah Meigs Professors teaching in the College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Staff Awards | Faculty Awards
- 12-year-old Labrador retriever is winning her battle against breast cancer. Also read this related story >>
- Cell Mates: Collaborative university efforts are driving ground-floor biotech discoveries. Article mentions the "fracture putty" that Dr. John Peroni, associate professor of large animal medicine, is developing in conjunction with other researchers.
- Dog years: How do you calculate a dog's true age? Dr. Kate Creevy, assistant professor of small animal medicine, weighs in.
- UGA CVM, Athens Humane Society partner on spay/neuter surgeries.
- UGA Veterinary Diagnostic labs conduct testing for FDA’s pet food surveillance program.
- Cornell program aims to kick off careers of veterinarians. Recent grad Dr. Sawyer Howell participated in the Summer Dairy Institute.