The UGA College of Veterinary Medicine is dedicated to training future veterinarians, conducting research related to animal and human diseases, and providing veterinary services for animals and their owners. Read more about us >>
Veterinary Medical Learning Center
The progress we've made on the construction of our new teaching hospital and education complex can be followed on our VMLC multimedia page.
Our current Teaching Hospital, built in 1979, serves more than 18,000 patients per year in one of the smallest teaching hospitals in the United States. The college is currently working to raise $33 million toward building a new Veterinary Medical Learning Center >>
Dec. 6-7: Exotic Animal Endoscopy — Course FULL!
Dec. 13-14: Advanced Laparoscopic/Thoracoscopic Surgery — Course FULL!
Dec. 13-14: Outpatient Medicine (includes 2 hours of Georgia Laws, Rules & Professionalism)
Feb. 21-22, 2015: Small Animal Abdominal Ultrasound — Course FULL!
Mar. 27-28, 2015: 52nd Annual Veterinary Conference & Alumni Weekend
Mar. 28, 2015: Veterinary Technician Conference
January 24: 2015 SCAVMA Auction
February 13: Dedication Ceremony for the new Veterinary Medical Center
- Among those named to the UGA Alumni Association's 2014 "40 under 40" list are faculty member and alumnus Dr. Chad Schmiedt and alumna Aleisha Gomes Swartz. Also featured in The Red & Black
- Georgia Bio honors UGA and Merial with Phoenix Award.
- Dr. Jerry Saliki receives AAVLD Distinguished Service Award
- Read about the Josiah Meigs Professors teaching in the College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Staff Awards | Faculty Awards