The UGA College of Veterinary Medicine is dedicated to training future veterinarians, conducting research related to animal and human diseases, and providing veterinary services for animals and their owners. Read more about us >>
Veterinary Medical Learning Center
The progress we've made on the construction of our new teaching hospital and education complex can be followed on our VMLC multimedia page.
Our current Teaching Hospital, built in 1979, serves more than 18,000 patients per year in one of the smallest teaching hospitals in the United States. The college is currently working to raise $33 million toward building a new Veterinary Medical Learning Center >>
November 1-2: Musculoskeletal Ultrasound
November 6-7: 10th Annual Equine Encore
December 6-7: Exotic Animal Endoscopy
January 24: 2015 SCAVMA Auction
- Among those named to the UGA Alumni Association's 2014 "40 under 40" list are faculty member and alumnus Dr. Chad Schmiedt and alumna Aleisha Gomes Swartz. Also featured in The Red & Black
- Georgia Bio honors UGA and Merial with Phoenix Award.
- Dr. Jerry Saliki receives AAVLD Distinguished Service Award
- Read about the Josiah Meigs Professors teaching in the College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Staff Awards | Faculty Awards
- Recent Research Awards
- Horsetalk: Ocular disease in blue-eyed horses explored.
- UGA researchers discover new method to reduce disease-causing inflammation
- 12-year-old Labrador retriever is winning her battle against breast cancer. Also read this related story >>
- Cell Mates: Collaborative university efforts are driving ground-floor biotech discoveries.
- Dog years: How do you calculate a dog's true age?
- Is it safe to kiss your pet? Our Dr. Ira Roth weighs in.
- Wearable Technology Monitors Man's Best Friend's Health
- New vet hospital: Better amenities for students, patients.
- Dr. Ira Roth, our Community Practice Clinic director, shares tips on combatting fleas and ticks this summer
- UGA CVM, Athens Humane Society partner on spay/neuter surgeries.