WEEK OF 12/15/2014-12/19/2014
Monday, December 15
Elias Haddad, PhD, presents, "Reversible CD4 Helper Function in Chronic Viral Infection." Location: Coverdell, Room S175. Time: 11 a.m. Dr. Haddad is a principal investigator of vaccine and gene therapy at the Institute of Florida.
Tuesday, December 16
Jae-Kyung (Jamise) Lee, PhD, presents, "The Novel Function of Regulator of G-Protein Signaling 10 in Neuroinflammation and Neurodegenerative Diseases." Location: CVM, Room 236. Time: 11 a.m. Dr. Lee is a faculty candidate in the Physiology and Pharmacology department at the UGA College of Veterinary Medicine.
Wednesday, December 17
Thursday, December 18
Friday, December 19
PEDv Research Call for Proposals
Deadline for proposals is December 5 to PEDvResearch@zoetis.com.
We have issued a call for research for proposals that focus on answering questions to optimize the immune response of sows and gilts in the control of PEDv.The outcome should provide insights into new methods that can be incorporated into current production systems to control PEDv. Target Researchers: Academics, Private Practitioners, Production Companies may apply and are good candidates for this award.
Funding of $125,000 is available. More than one proposal may be funded. Applications of successful candidates will be made in January 2015. Press release can be found here and the Research Proposal guidelines are here.
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and its Grand Challenges partners are now accepting applications for the following grant programs – for more information on these programs please visit the grant opportunities page at www.grandchallenges.org:
1) The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has launched three new Grand Challenges:
• Putting Women and Girls at the Center of Development
• Creating and Measuring Integrated Solutions for Healthy Birth, Growth, and Development (part of the All Children Thriving platform)
• New Interventions for Global Health
Proposals will be accepted until January 13, 2015.
2) In response to the ongoing Ebola epidemic, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) has launched Fighting Ebola: A Grand Challenge for Development to develop practical and cost-effective innovations to improve infection treatment and control that can be rapidly deployed. Submissions received by November 7, 2014, will be part of the first round of review, and submissions received by December 1, 2014, will be part of the second round of review. Expressions of interest received after December 1, 2014, will be reviewed in subsequent rounds.
Chi Institute of Chinese Medicine
Deadline December 5, 2014
Annual scholarship award to assist College of Veterinary students and faculty with attending Certified Veterinary Acupuncture programs at the Chi Institute. For more details, please visit http://www.tcvm.com/Resources/CVMScholarships.aspx for more information.