Call for Entries
The UGA Veterinary Teaching Hospital is now accepting submissions for the 2014 Picture Your Pet Photo Contest.
The contest is open to any current or former Teaching Hospital, Field Services or Community Practice Clinic client. We will be accepting submissions until 5pm on August 29, 2014. Winners will be announced in early October and the winning photos will be displayed in the new teaching hospital when it opens in Spring 2015.
- The contest is open to all current or former clients of the VTH, Field Services or the CPC.
- All submissions are due by 5pm on August 29, 2014.
- You can only submit up to three digital pictures of your pet for consideration.
- Pictures must be high-resolution using a camera that is at least 6 megapixels (no cell phone photos, please). Photos that do not adhere to these requirements will not be eligible.
- If you have multiple pets that you want to enter in to the contest, you must fill out a separate entry form for each animal.
- A brief description of the picture and your pet's experience at the hospital or CPC is required.
- Photos will be judged on overall photo quality, creativity and sense of emotion and/or personality exhibited.
- Winners will be announced in early October and the winning photos will be on display in the new teaching hospital when it opens in Spring 2015.
- College of Veterinary Medicine faculty and staff are eligible to participate if their pet has been or is currently a patient of the VTH or CPC.
How to Enter
Fill out our online entry form and then email your photos to CindyH@uga.edu to submit your pet in this year's contest. You can also mail your photos to us (at the address listed below) or drop them off at the Hospital front desk.
If you need to use a paper form, please download the PDF entry form, write in your answers and either drop it off with a non-returnable photo disk to the VTH front desk or the CPC front desk or mail it to:
UGA Veterinary Teaching Hospital
Picture your Pet Photo Contest
501 D.W. Brooks Drive
Athens, GA 30602
By submitting your story and pictures to us, you are giving us permission to use your story and images in publications and marketing materials produced by the University of Georgia. We will give you a courtesy call, so you know we are using your story, and we will provide you with a complimentary copy of any publications in which we use your image.
Congratulations 2012 Picture Your Pet Winners
Congratulations to the winners of the 2012 Picture Your Pet Photo Contest sponsored by the UGA Veterinary Teaching Hospital. Almost 250 entries were submitted of photogenic pets displaying ranges of emotion: pensive and playful, sweet and sassy, inquisitive and engaging. You may view the embedded video on this page, or visit our Youtube Channel to view a slide show of all of the winning entries from the 2012 contest.