The Infectious Diseases Media Lab prepares bacteriological media, buffers and reagents to facilitate laboratory research, teaching and diagnostic services within the College of Veterinary Medicine, the University of Georgia, partner institutions and the community.
Media in petri plates other than 100x15 mm will be priced on an individual basis.
***Petri plates (100x20 mm) are not supplied.
Tube media is supplied in glass tubes that should be returne to the Media Lab. Tubes may be pourchased on your account for a specifiv media and not returned.
Examples of Plate and Tube Media
- Standard Plate--Mac, MH, MSA, BHI
- Standard with additive--TSA + bld, XLT4, LB + antibiotic
- Standard with additives or from "scratch"--PPLO, chocolate TSA, XLT4 + antibiotic, TYG
- Fungal Plate--SDA, Mycosel, BHI + bld & antibiotic
- Standard Tube--MIO, TSI, Citrate, Thioglycollate
- Standard with additives or from "scratch" -- Carbohydrates, PYG, Dulcitol Selenite, PPLO
Bulk Media The charge will be the cost of ingredients or a minimum of $2.00 per liter plus an additional charge of $0.96 per liter.
di Water There will be a charge of $0.48 per liter.
Glassware and other materials Flasks, tubes, screw caps, slip caps, stir bars, tube racks, etc. belonging to the media lab and not returned will be charged to your account at the current cost.
Autoclave Bags and Glassware There will be an $11.00 per hour charge associated with glassware and autoclave handling. This includes decontamination, washing and autoclaving glassware, autoclaving liquids and dry goods and autoclave bags.