The UGA Veterinary Orthopedics Service provides diagnosis and management of orthopedic problems including traumatic injuries, degenerative joint conditions and developmental abnormalities for companion animals (e.g., dogs and cats).
Diagnostics and treatment options available through this service include (but are not limited to):
- Total artificial hip replacement
- All forms of fracture fixation
- Arthroscopic diagnosis and treatment
- C-arm intraoperative fluoroscopy
- CT scan diagnostics and bone scan diagnostics
Please note: The following services do NOT require a referral from your regular veterinarian: Emergency/Critical Care, Behavior, Dermatology, Zoological Medicine, the Community Practice Clinic, and all of the UGA Veterinary Teaching Hospital Large Animal services.