Picture Your Pet Photo Contest
Congratulations 2012 Picture Your Pet Winners
Congratulations to the winners of the 2012 Picture Your Pet Photo Contest sponsored by the UGA Veterinary Teaching Hospital. Almost 250 entries were submitted of photogenic pets displaying ranges of emotion: pensive and playful, sweet and sassy, inquisitive and engaging. You may view the embedded video on this page, or visit our Youtube Channel to view a slide show of all of the winning entries
Following a review by a panel of judges, 34 photographs were identified as winning entries. The final prints will be displayed, along with brief descriptions, in the hospital’s small animal and large animal waiting rooms, and the Community Practice Clinic (CPC).
Special thanks goes to the panel of judges who helped evaluate the entries:
- Mary Adams — UGA’s First Lady
- Dr. Sheila Allen — Dean of the College of Veterinary Medicine
- Coach Meghan Boenig — Head Coach of the UGA Equestrian Team
- Coach Mark Fox — Head Coach of the UGA Men’s Basketball Team
- Richard Hamm — Photographer for the Athens Banner Herald
- Dr. Mark Mosher — Referring Veterinarian from South Athens Animal Clinic
- Rick O’Quinn — UGA Photographic Services Coordinator
- Evan Stichler — Photographer for The Red & Black
- The Contest is open to all clients of the VTH or the Community Practice Clinic (CPC).
- Submit your digital picture(s) — up to three (3) images total, per person — by email or bring a non-returnable disk by the VTH front desk or CPC front desk no later than 5 p.m. ET on August 31, 2012.
- Pictures must be of high resolution using a camera 6 megapixels or higher and saved in a JPEG format. Photos that do not adhere to these requirements will not be eligible.
- Tell us about your pet. A brief written description (between 50 and 200 words) of the picture and your pet’s experience at the UGA VTH or CPC using the form below.
- Photos will be judged on overall photo quality, creativity, and sense of emotion and/or personality exhibited.
- Winners will be announced in early October and winning photos will be on display at the VTH or CPC. Winners will also receive a Certificate of Excellence.
- A photo usage permission form must be approved by the original photographer.
- College of Veterinary Medicine faculty and staff are eligible to participate if their pet has been or is currently a patient of the VTH or CPC.
By submitting your story and pictures to us, you are giving us permission to use your story and images in publications and marketing materials produced by the University of Georgia. We will give you a courtesy call, so you know we are using your story, and we will provide you with a complimentary copy of any publications in which we use your image.
Call or email: Sarah Freeman, 706.542.3079.