About the College
- The first class of 44 students graduated in 1950.
- The College employs 173 faculty members and 390 staff members.
- A list of our academic and administrative departments can be found in the footer at the bottom of this webpage.
- Our total budget is approximately $73.1 million, with 34% of that total appropriated or sponsored by the state of Georgia.
- The remainder comes from income from services (26%), federal and other sponsors (23%), the Southern Regional Education Board (6%), gifts (2%), and other subsidies (4%).
About the Hospital
- During the last year, we had an in-house caseload of 20,942 cases, while our field services team made 1,548 calls and saw approximately 941,332 non-poultry animals.
- For more information, please visit our UGA Veterinary Teaching Hospital website.
About our students
Current enrollment is:
- 409 students in the DVM program
- 68 PhD candidates
- 9 DVM/PhD combined degree program students
- 2 DVM/MPH combined degree students
- 26 master’s degree candidates
- 34 residents
- 13 clinical interns
For more information about students and admissions policies, click here to visit the website for the UGA CVM Office for Academic Affairs.