About the College
- The first class of 44 students graduated in 1950.
- The College employs 173 faculty members and 412 staff members.
- A list of our academic and administrative departments can be found in the footer at the bottom of this webpage.
- Our total budget is approximately $74.8 million, with 33% of that total appropriated or sponsored by the state of Georgia; the state also provides a 4% subsidy for the diagnostic laboratories.
- The remainder comes from income from services (30%), federal and other sponsors (21%), the Southern Regional Education Board (6%), gifts (2%), and other subsidies (4%).
About the Hospital
- During the last year, we had an in-house caseload of 22,575 cases, while our field services team made 1,522 calls and saw approximately 594,691 non-poultry animals.
- For more information, please visit our UGA Veterinary Teaching Hospital website.
About our students
Current enrollment is:
- 410 students in the DVM program
- 63 PhD candidates
- 10 DVM/PhD combined degree program students
- 5 DVM/MPH combined degree students
- 20 master's degree candidates
- 6 master's in avian medicine students
- 4 master's in avian health and medicine students
- 1 master's in food animal health student
- 31 residents
- 15 clinical interns
For more information about students and admissions policies, click here to visit the website for the UGA CVM Office for Academic Affairs.