The Office of Continuing Education
- CE Home
- CE Policies
- Directions, Transportation & Parking
- Practitioner Sabbatical
- Annual Veterinary Conference and Reunion
- Sign up for our mailing list
The calendar below is tentative because dates and titles may change.
Please click on a title to find out more about the conference and to register.
For more continuing education opportunities, visit the GVMA CE website.
29-30: Advanced Laparoscopy
26-27: Flexible GI Endoscopy
28-29: Basic Rigid Endoscopy
3-4: Equine Encore
5-6: Small Animal Surgery
19-20: Internal Medicine
7-8: Exotic Endoscopy
7-8: Outpatient Medicine
14-15: Advanced Laparoscopy
For courtesy and liability reasons, we prohibit children and domestic animals (except working animals, e.g., guide dogs) at the College of Veterinary Medicine conferences.
UPDATED Refund/Cancellation Policy: (effective May 7, 2013)
- Non-Lab Conference: Full refunds are available for cancellations made by 5 p.m. ET, 10 days prior to the beginning of your event. Check each conference for specific cancellation dates. No refunds will be issued thereafter. If a course is cancelled for any reason, the College will not be responsible for any charges related to travel.
- Wet Lab Conference: Full refunds are available for cancellations made by 5 p.m. ET, 30 days prior to the beginning of your event. Check each conference for specific cancellation dates. No refunds will be issued thereafter. If a course is cancelled for any reason, the CVM will not be responsible for any charges related to travel.
Privacy notice: Each conference participant may receive mail from companies or individuals who have obtained names and addresses from this program’s registration as permitted by the Georgia Open Records Act.
Transportation to Athens
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is located about 80 miles southwest of Athens, with scheduled ground shuttle service and rental car service.
Ground transportation is available from Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport to the Hilton Garden Inn, Foundry Park Inn, Holiday Inn, and Holiday Inn Express. Contact Groome Transportation at 706.410.2363 or 800.896.9928, or visit www.groometransportation.com for more information or to make a reservation.
Georgia Skies offers service between the Atlanta and Athens airports. Make reservations with Georgia Skies by calling 877.849.4997, or visit their Web site for more information: www.pacificwings.com/gsky/gs/
Some events may be held at the Coverdell Building, located directly across the street from the College of Veterinary Medicine.
Directions and maps of area hotels can be found on their respective websites, but you may find this local-area map helpful; it shows the location of hotels downtown as well as public parking, the Georgia Center, and the CVM.
Parking: On weekends, parking is permitted in reserved parking areas. Parking lots S16, S17 and S10 are most convenient to the College of Veterinary Medicine. Please do not park in the Small Animal Teaching Hospital parking lot on Carlton Street; this is reserved for client parking. The following parking options are available during the week:
• From the Holiday Inn, shuttle service is available. If driving, parking is available at the Carlton Street Deck, a paid parking deck located between the Coliseum and the Coverdell Building.
• From the Georgia Center for Continuing Education, you may either walk or take the campus bus.
This page was last updated on May 7, 2013.